What we do know about the non-human fire elementals is mostly from Tom's now defunct formspring Q&A:
- When a fire elemental is born, the mother will still wither, meaning that the number of fire elementals can never increase.
- Though there are no longer any fire elementals in Gillitie Wood there are some in other places of the world.
Human Elemental HybridsLong ago, a human fell in love with a fire elemental, their decendents were born with power over fire. However, these abilities came with a price. Whenever a fire elemental parent has a child, that child will slowly obsorb the flame, or spirit, of their parent. Parent and child will be unable to part during that time, as they both share the same inner flame. This process tragically results in the eventual death of the parent.
List of Appearances
- Chapter 31: Fire Spike ( )
- Chapter 38: Divine ( ) (In a dream)
- Chapter 44: Crash Course ( )
- Chapter 48: Tall Tales ( )
- Chapter 52: Sneak ( ) (Detached from Annie)
- Chapter 53: Annie and the Fire ( )
- Fire Elementals may have some connection to phoenixes , as both species obtains new life by arising from the remains of their predecessor. Additionally, when Antimony was showing Kat how to summon her inner self, a form of what could be described as a phoenix can be seen above her.
- Tom once stated he would like to make the story about the very first human/fire elemental union.